Friday, December 10, 2010

A Stuffed Fabric Chili Horse

A stuffed fabric chili horse you might wonder??! Yes indeed..you heard correctly. Everyone should have one. But just don't eat it.


Handmade Chili Pepper Fabric Horse


Feeling the need to belly up to my sewing machine again after a bit of a breakup....I figured it would be a great time to whip up a birthday gift for a good friend of mine. She teaches horseback riding and likes the whole chili pepper motif....so...BAM! A stuffed horse materialized from my weekend sewing frenzy. It is insanely cute but did take forever to make. As with anything in life, I'm sure the more I do, the easier they will fly off the sewing machine as I become more adept at rounding those tight curves. Mario Andretti....LOOK OUT!!!!! 

I am looking forward to trying out the giraffe and lamb patterns that came with this. I just cut out the pieces from some really cute skull print fabrics....so I will be attempting those in the very near future. Just a little friendly diversion from wielding the fiery acetylene torch!

"Meddlesome"

"Meddlesome"
Always Butting In

The Meltdown

The Meltdown
Inspired by a commute from hell

About Me

My photo
Chester, NY, United States
Dreamer? Stargazer? Quirky Aquarian? All of those! And, I am a self taught jewelry designer with a voracious desire to learn anything and everything. I have been working with metals for a year now and have not blown up the garage or burned off my eyebrows yet, so I'm heading in the right direction. I tremendously detest my dead end boring desk job and spend most of the day finding ways to distract myself by doodling/sketching, making sculptures out of anything and everything I can find, drinking and spilling lots of coffee, and making my coworkers laugh. I have a love/hate relationship with my sewing machine, I enjoy getting tattooed, I'm an eternal optimist, I love my watercolors and oil paints and wish I spent more time with them, I have an over-active imagination and consider my mind to be my own worst enemy, I have an uncanny knack to spell almost any word (how can I capitalize on THAT?!), I like making people laugh, I enjoy photography – especially taking macro shots of my metalsmithing tools and I am in a perpetual power struggle with my wild and crazy curly hair. And, last but not least..nothing makes me happier than to see and feel a piece of my soul in everything I create.