Friday, August 21, 2009

The Illustrious Unveiling!!!

It's Time's fault. And the sheer fact that there's just not enough of it! I've been meaning to start my LexieJewel blog for like a year now...and VOILA...it has magically appeared. Well, not magically, but you get it. I'm sure there will be changes to the appearance, the banner, the pictures, etc along the way.....just because I'm always changing and evolving....(ok, it's more like I'm extremely indecisive)....so that will make for some fun travels. Because...don't forget...it's all about the journey, and not the destination.

I've never written a blog, so I'm not quite sure what to say yet, but when I do figure it out....LOOK OUT!! HAHA! The trials and tribulations of my jewelry making and the wielding of my fiery torch will be the main focus....with bits and pieces of serendipitous finds sprinkled throughout. And, maybe even an occasional picture of what I make for lunch....like a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Lucky you!! ;-)

I'm extremely excited to embark on my little blogging adventure! I do hope you come along for the ride and enjoy the journey with me!

8 comments:

Sue Foss said...

Kim, congrats on your new blog!
From a fellow (recently MIA hvetsy team member abstractheart.etsy.com!)

LexieJewel said...

Thanks Sue!

Almost Precious said...

Lookin' good. You've got a great start on your blog.
I love your etsy shop and hearted your "sound waves" earrings, they are just too cool. It's refreshing to see a jewelry artist that uses metal work in their designs.

Debbie/ Prairie Emporium said...

Kim, Good luck on you blog, it looks great.

Recreationalart said...

Your jewelry is AWESOME!! and your bio made me smile - thanx for the visit to my blog and letting me into our world, I am off now to visit your Etsy shoppe

PaperPetalCreations said...

Good luck on your blogging adventure. Your jewlrey is so interesting can't wait to see how your creativity comes out in your blog. :)

SummersStudio said...

Kim, welcome to the blogosphere. Looking forward to what you've got to say! Cheers, LeAnn

MCW Beads & More said...

Lexie, you are doing great as a newbie blogger. I enjoyed the read. I will continue to follow your blog. I will encourage others to read your blog too. Keep writing!

"Meddlesome"

"Meddlesome"
Always Butting In

The Meltdown

The Meltdown
Inspired by a commute from hell

About Me

My photo
Chester, NY, United States
Dreamer? Stargazer? Quirky Aquarian? All of those! And, I am a self taught jewelry designer with a voracious desire to learn anything and everything. I have been working with metals for a year now and have not blown up the garage or burned off my eyebrows yet, so I'm heading in the right direction. I tremendously detest my dead end boring desk job and spend most of the day finding ways to distract myself by doodling/sketching, making sculptures out of anything and everything I can find, drinking and spilling lots of coffee, and making my coworkers laugh. I have a love/hate relationship with my sewing machine, I enjoy getting tattooed, I'm an eternal optimist, I love my watercolors and oil paints and wish I spent more time with them, I have an over-active imagination and consider my mind to be my own worst enemy, I have an uncanny knack to spell almost any word (how can I capitalize on THAT?!), I like making people laugh, I enjoy photography – especially taking macro shots of my metalsmithing tools and I am in a perpetual power struggle with my wild and crazy curly hair. And, last but not least..nothing makes me happier than to see and feel a piece of my soul in everything I create.