Monday, July 12, 2010

It's Been Awhile......and Cactus Monday

Well it sure has been a loooong time since I last posted. A good 9 months or so. BUT....I think it's time I got back into the swing of things! I am going to jump back in....but not with a jewelry post today....but with a little tiny Artist Card for Cactus Mondays. I have recently discovered the world of ATC's and am hooked. Although I pretty much get hooked on anything. HAHA!!  These have been fabulously fun to create and I think if I commit myself to doing at least one a day, my drawing/painting/creative skills will only get better. Which....will help me in my jewelry design as well as I will be thinking more creatively.

ANYWAY......here's a little card called 'Peace Cactus'.

This card was created using watercolors and markers. I am sharing a little Peace Cactus with everyone today!

Until next time.....

1 comment:

Emma said...

That's awesome! ACEOs and cacti are two of my favorite things ever. Great card!

"Meddlesome"

"Meddlesome"
Always Butting In

The Meltdown

The Meltdown
Inspired by a commute from hell

About Me

My photo
Chester, NY, United States
Dreamer? Stargazer? Quirky Aquarian? All of those! And, I am a self taught jewelry designer with a voracious desire to learn anything and everything. I have been working with metals for a year now and have not blown up the garage or burned off my eyebrows yet, so I'm heading in the right direction. I tremendously detest my dead end boring desk job and spend most of the day finding ways to distract myself by doodling/sketching, making sculptures out of anything and everything I can find, drinking and spilling lots of coffee, and making my coworkers laugh. I have a love/hate relationship with my sewing machine, I enjoy getting tattooed, I'm an eternal optimist, I love my watercolors and oil paints and wish I spent more time with them, I have an over-active imagination and consider my mind to be my own worst enemy, I have an uncanny knack to spell almost any word (how can I capitalize on THAT?!), I like making people laugh, I enjoy photography – especially taking macro shots of my metalsmithing tools and I am in a perpetual power struggle with my wild and crazy curly hair. And, last but not least..nothing makes me happier than to see and feel a piece of my soul in everything I create.